What an amazing Ninja course!
Here you will find all the information you need to know about learning at home!
Whilst school is closed, work will be set across the following platforms:
When you log in, you will need to access your 2Dos (top left of screen):
In here you will find a range of activities that have been set for you. Every day, you will be set:
- English - a new chapter to read, a multiple-choice quiz about the chapter and a related writing task.
- Maths - a new task based on a topic we have already covered in school this year.
- Topic - throughout each week, there will be a range of tasks linked to our topic, as well as E-Safety and PSHE activities.
Click 'start' to begin working on a 2Do. Once you complete a task, you will need to save it and return to the 2Dos list and click 'hand in'. I will then be able to see the work and comment on it. You might get a task set to 'redo' if you need to have another go, edit your work or complete a challenge! (Think of it like purple pen for your online work!!)
When you log in, you will see that you have been set 2 word lists per week. These are word lists which we have learnt in class already this year. This will allow you to revise and consolidate your learning.
If you feel confident with these words, you can pick some extra words off the Year 5/6 word list to practise. I suggest picking 5 per week and completing activities similar to those we do in class:
- Look, cover, write, check
- Word cards - find the definition, write it in a sentence and draw a picture
- Handwriting in your workbook
- Sound it out aloud
Times Table Rockstars
We would like you to use this time to keep on revising all times tables and improve your accuracy and speed. Select 'Garage' or 'Arena' mode to access times tables selected for you by your teacher. Times tables battles within classes have also been set up by your Maths teachers - this way you can work in teams to earn points!
Your parents have been sent details for your own Porchester email address. This can be set up on the office.com website and will also give you access to Microsoft Word Online. I will be emailing you every day with a question or challenge to think about, so that we can all keep in touch. You can also use this email to ask me questions directly about the work or send photos of anything you have been up to during your time away from school.
As well as the work set every day on these websites, you all have your work packs. In here there is a selection of paper based Maths and Reading activities. You have also been provided with a work book and some topic knowledge information sheets to support you with topic-based project work (instructions are on the front page of the red book).
Don't forget to keep reading and recording this in your planner.
Here are some links to stories online that you might be interested in too:
- Audible are offering free audio books: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- David Walliams is reading one of his World's Worst Children stories every day. Check it out on his website...https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/
Make sure that each day, you get some form of exercise. Some ideas include:
- Joe Wicks Work Outs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Go Noodle: https://family.gonoodle.com/
- Playing outside in the garden
I hope you find this information useful. If you have any questions, lose your login information or want to send photos of what you have been getting up to, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org