Measuring light around the school
Lower school children have been using the data loggers recently to find the light levels around school. We've put all their results into a grid;
For the next lesson, can you answer the following questions; (you could write the answers as comments)
1) Why are there four readings for each location around the school?
2) Why do all the results from the resource room read 0?
3) Where was the brighest place - why do you think this?
4) What is the average reading? How was it found?
5) What could have caused the second reading in class 6 to be so different from the others?
6) How could the way that the datalogger was held affect the reading from it?
7) What was the unit of measurement that the light level was measured in?
Use the "average" values to make a graph of the light levels around the school